The competition organizer is Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG (referred to below as HDM AG), Kurfuerstenanlage 52-60, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany.
Competition entrants must comply with the conditions set out below. By registering for the competition, entrants are accepting these conditions.
- Anyone aged 18 or over is entitled to enter, with the exception of legal representatives and employees of HDM AG or associated companies in Germany and other countries and their families.
- The competition entrant is the person with the e-mail address indicated when registering for the competition and who submits a “Be unbeatable. Be a Speedmaster” video. Each person may submit only one entry and one video.
- Print shop footage shown in the video must have been filmed with the agreement of and approved by management. If print jobs are shown in the video, permission must also be obtained from the customer for which they are being printed.
- Videos submitted must not include any adult, pornographic or racist content, glorify violence or break the law. This applies in particular to infringements of criminal law, copyright, trademark and other identification rights, personal rights and other rights of third parties. The videos submitted for the competition must, in particular, adhere to YouTube’s conditions of use. Any videos submitted that fail to comply with the above-mentioned rules will be disqualified.
- Competition entry and the chances of winning are in no way linked to the purchase of products or the use of services from HDM AG or associated companies.
4. Closing date for entries
The closing date for entries is April 13, 2014. Entries may be submitted between February 3 and April 13, 2014.
- Participants register for the competition online using the registration form on the www.speedmastergetinspired.com landing page. The video must be made available on the channels described in the competition entry details between February 3 and April 13, 2014.
- From the entries submitted, a panel of judges appointed by HDM AG will shortlist ten videos for voting on the Internet and via social media channels.
- HDM AG will notify the ten shortlisted entrants and ask them to send their videos in file format. If a shortlisted entrant fails to submit his video as a file as described within 7 days, he will be eliminated from the competition and another entrant will take his place.
- For the benefit of the international community, HDM AG will add English subtitles to the videos submitted if this is necessary and deemed appropriate.
- The selected videos will be posted on the Internet and social media channels.
- Visitors will use the “Like”/“Dislike” function (where available) to rate the selected videos during the voting period from June 1 to July 1, 2014. The unfair promotion of a video using e.g. click robots or reviews written by the entrant himself will not be tolerated and will result in the entrant’s immediate disqualification from the competition.
- The videos will be ranked and the associated prizes awarded based on the result of the vote. HDM AG will use the e-mail addresses provided to notify the winners by July 15, 2014.
- All entrants will be sent two t-shirts as a thank you for taking part.
It cannot be guaranteed that the first prize – the specially designed printing unit guard – will fit the winning entrant’s press. If no suitable guard is available, the first prize will be prepared for wall mounting.
Once the winners have been determined, the time required to make the first and second prizes and the t-shirts will be approx. 8 weeks, including delivery.
- HDM AG or a third party acting on HDM AG’s behalf will then mail the prizes to the postal address indicated by each winner. Delivery will be free.
- The videos submitted, the ranking of videos and the names of the winners and print shops will be posted on the Internet and social media channels. Press releases and reports in the HDM AG customer magazine Heidelberg News will also be written about the winners of the top 3 prizes. Heidelberg reserves the right also to write about and show images relating to other videos submitted, and to post the videos on the Internet and social media channels. Entrants expressly agree to this form of publication.
- HDM AG accepts no liability in respect of the official announcement of winners.
- No cash alternative is available and prizes cannot be transferred.
6. Data protection and use of entrants’ details
- HDM AG will use e-mail addresses to notify winners and postal addresses to send out prizes.
- Entrants’ personal details will be used for the purposes of the video competition and for posting their videos on the Internet and social media channels with their name and that of their print shop.
- Data will not be passed on to third parties.
- HDM AG undertakes to protect the personal data of entrants and to ensure that it is processed in compliance with data protection legislation.
- Entrants may withdraw their consent for this data to be processed at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and thus withdraw from the competition.
7. Third-party claims and transfer of publishing rights
- By submitting/uploading videos, entrants confirm that they are in possession of all rights to the videos submitted and their contents that are required for publishing them, that the uploaded videos are not subject to any third-party rights, and that the depiction/representation of persons does not infringe any personal rights. If one or more persons appear in the video in such a way that they are recognizable, they must agree to the video being published. Entrants agree to provide appropriate declarations of consent, including in writing if necessary. If third-party claims for infringement of rights are made despite these measures, the relevant entrant must release HDM AG from all claims, including any associated legal costs.
- Entrants must allow HDM AG to use the video submitted free of charge for an unlimited period. This right of use shall be unlimited in terms of time, space, and content. No restrictions shall apply with regard to editing the video. In particular, HDM AG shall be allowed to add English subtitles to the winners’ videos. HDM AG shall also be allowed to grant third parties a non-exclusive right of use to the video.
- By posting the video on the Internet and social media channels, the entrant in particular consents to his name and that of the print shop being stated. All videos posted will remain there.
- HDM AG shall be released from all obligations on handing out the prize, unless this happens at an earlier juncture based on these conditions.
- HDM AG shall not be liable for material defects in or defects of title to prizes awarded.
- HDM AG shall only be liable for losses caused by the company itself or one of its agents, either deliberately or through gross negligence or the infringement of cardinal obligations. This shall not apply to losses resulting from injury to life, limb, and/or health.
- The above limitation of liability shall apply in particular to losses resulting from errors, delays, or interruptions in the transmission of data etc., disruptions affecting technical systems or the service, incorrect contents, loss or deletion of data, or viruses.
9. Other conditions
- HDM AG will disqualify entrants who fail to comply with these conditions of entry from the video competition.
- HDM AG reserves the right to discontinue or terminate the competition at any time without prior notification and without giving its reasons.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- German law shall be exclusively applicable.
- Should specific conditions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the remaining conditions.
As at: October 2013